Lyceum of Trees holds a Board Meeting every month to discuss business, class progress and schedule events. While attendance is mandatory for Board members, other members of Lyceum are welcome to attend to give input or make suggestions. The meeting generally last one hour but may run shorter or longer as needed.
Per Lyceum of Trees Bylaws:
The officers of The Lyceum shall be as follows: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chatelaine, Clerical Director, Communications Director and Member at Large. These officers shall be members of the Board of Directors. Additional members of the Board of Directors may be added as the Board sees fit.
1) Requirements – To hold office as a Board member, a member must either a) be an initiate of The Lyceum or b) be working towards becoming an initiate of The Lyceum and receive approval of the Board and c) be a member in good standing.
2) Terms of Office- Board members shall hold office for two (2) years subsequent to their election into office. To ensure that the Board shall not lose continuity, board terms will be staggered as follows:
a) Odd years – President, Treasurer, Clerical Director, Communications Director
b) Even years – Vice President, Secretary, Chatelaine, Member at Large
Any officer elected by the Board may be removed from the Board, with or without cause, following the regular decision-making process outlined in Article V below.
3) Duties and Powers – The duties and powers of The Lyceum shall be vested in the Board of Directors who shall be able to do all things necessary or convenient, not inconsistent with law, to further the activities and affairs of the corporation, as laid out in federal law under Section 501 (c) 3 of The Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and under applicable law of the State of Oregon.
4) Meetings – The Board shall meet monthly at a site announced on The Lyceum web site, or via some other method designed to ensure that the meeting site is public knowledge. Meetings of the Board shall be open to all members.
In the event a member of the Board cannot attend a meeting or carry out assigned duties, the President must be notified prior to the meeting and/or a written report should be submitted to the minutes.
5) Decision Making Process – It is expected that decisions will be achieved by consensus among the members. If this is not achievable, decisions will be made by a 2/3-majority vote.
Positions up for election are announced near the end of the year with the election itself occurring at Imbolc by popular vote of present members.